Sunday, March 18, 2012

DISNEYLAND!!!

I have been wanting to post for a while now, but everything on my mind was related to our big SURPRISE trip to Disneyland! We have been planning it for a few months now, but decided to not tell our kids until we got to the airport. It was the best decision ever! Seeing the pure joy on Madison's face was priceless!

The kids loved to watch the planes taking off and landing. Cayden did 10x better than I thought he would on the plane. His ears are so sensitive that I thought it would really bother him, but on the way there he almost fell asleep!





When we got to California, we decided to go spend some time at the beach. The kids loved it! Madison had fun in the water and finding seashells. Cayden loved chasing the birds and kicking sand, and Jaken just wanted to eat the sand.





We spent 3 days in Disneyland and Disney California, where Cayden was just tall enough to ride most of the rides. Our first stop was Pirates of the Caribbean, and it was after that ride that I realized how the rest of the vacation was going to go. Cayden is already so sensory overloaded, that he spent most of the time covering his ears and crying. But being the mean mom that I am, I continued to take him on ride after ride.



There were a few times that he would be screaming and flipping out of the seat, and people would be staring at the calm mother next to him telling the attendant working the ride, "He'll be fine once it starts moving..." Right, as he is still crying when the ride ends....



Madison in front of the princess castle

This is my favorite picture of the whole trip! We were waiting for Chris to come out of the bathroom and Cayden kept making noises at this bear. I told him to look at me and say cheese, and this is the face he gave me! It was hilarious!


We also went to Universal Studios and Seaworld. The kids couldn't ride as much there, but the shows were really good. It was a good thing my dad get motion sickness because he was usually there to help with my boys while everyone else was riding the crazy rides!




Cayden saw this horse at Universal, and kept making his horse noise at it. If you've ever heard him say what a horse says then you know what I'm talking about. It is so funny! He kept trying to kiss it too so we had to stop here for a while.


Overall, we had a great trip. The kids were pretty good for the most part, and Cayden did as well as can be expected. Thanks mom and dad for all you did for everyone! We sure do love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! I love all of your pictures! I'm sure you have tons more - I would love to see them the next time I'm over. What fun parents you guys are surprising your kids with a trip to Disneyland! I'm sure that's something Maddie especially is never going to forget. Love you guys! :o)

    ReplyDelete